Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Finally Did It!!!!!!!

Well, not much has been happening the last few days other than fishing. Susan has been feeding us and Bob has been my taxi when needed. Mark has been having great luck and has been catching his limit of 3 salmon each day. Alas, poor me…nothing.

But…tada…today the heavens opened and a miracle occurred. Susan and Bob had driven in to the river where we were fishing, along with 800 other people. Mark had hooked a fish and it broke his rod so Susan was bringing his fly rod in. I decided I need a…you know one of those breaks…so Susan put the hip boots on and got into the water with the fly rod…it turned out it was not rigged properly. She does not have a fishing license yet but Mark said she wasn’t fishing because all she did was get hung up. Anyway, he had caught his limit when Bob and I returned so Mark and Susan took off to the RV to clean his fish. Long story short, I ended up hooking one and actually got it in…one of the guys was yelling instructions and another got it in the net. I was sooooo excited I was shaking. You have to hit them in the head with a rock or whatever to kill them…Mr. Instruction Guy did that and I put it on the stringer. I fished another hour or so but was not able to bring the one I snagged in and I was tired…we left the RV at 7:00 am and it was now 2:45 PM…so we made tracks to get for home. Mark was waiting and he cleaned it and I put it in the freezer for Bob as I don’t eat fish.

Did I tell you I caught a salmon today?001

Oh…did you want to see my fish?003

Fish…did someone say fish?006

Okay, that’s my story and I am sticking to it. Thank goodness Susan is making dinner…gumbo. Friends, Chuck & Lorraine, Tom & Dorothy and Rob and Norma are coming out. They arrived in Soldotna yesterday coming in from Homer. We are all going fishing with Chuck and Lorraine’s son tomorrow…actually at the lodge he works out of on the Kenai. Life is good.

Moving on.

1 comment: