Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friday, July 18 2009

Not much to report today…it was fishing all the way.  Sue and Mark left the RV park at 4:30 this morning.  Sue’s fishing license expired at 9:00 am so she wanted to try to do some good before her time lapsed.  Bob took me to the river about 8:45 so Sue could hand over the hip boots and rod & reel to me. 

Mark was having a terrible time.  He had landed one fish when I got there and lost numerous ones.  His line kept breaking.  Anyway, by 11:00 we had to leave the river to go and replenish our supplies.  But, by that time Chuck and Rob and gotten there and were able to save us room where we like to fish. 

I was so excited because I caught 2 fish today…can you believe it.  Chuck and Rob gave us their fish and Mark had caught others so we came home with 12.  Mark is still cleaning.  This is a portion of what we brought home with us.003

Some other guys joined Mark at the cleaning table with their catch.006

And here are my two beauties…005 004 I have to put plastic bags on my hands to be able to put my hands in their gills.  That one is kind of puny isn’t he?  Oh well, he’s mine.

Today was Rob’s 60th birthday so we all got cleaned up and headed to Kenai for dinner at Louie’s.  The food was great and everyone had a wonderful time.  We could hardly eat for laughing.  What a great group of people we have been blessed with.  Here are Norma and Rob, the birthday boy.  They are from Alberta, Canada.008

Tom and Dorothy are from California.007

Chuck and Lorraine from Bellingham, WA…now fulltime RVers.  Lorraine grew up in Alaska.009

Susan and Mark from Lake Charles, La.  They are also full timers.010

And here we are.012

Bob had a seafood Caesar salad…014

And I had steak…015

Life is good.

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment