Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sisters, Oregon June 2012

Backing Up

While in Oregon, with the campground empty one Sunday, we decided to take the time to drive over to Sisters, OR.  If you are a quilter you are familiar with the outdoor quilt show that is held in Sisters in July of each year.  We knew we would not be able to leave the campground during that weekend so we decided to take advantage of the quiet time.  As usual it was was an overcast and rainy day…my kind of weather.  It was about a 3 hour drive one way so we tried not to make too many stops along the way. 

Sisters is much smaller than I expected but such a pretty little place.  I was surprised that there was only one quilt shop…I don’t know why I thought there might be several.  Going on Sunday was a good thing as the shop was closed…Bob said he could hear his debit card breathe a sigh of relief in his wallet. 

DSC00392

They also have a lovely campground right downtown…would like to be able to stay there at some later time if we ever get back to Oregon.

DSC00386

Being from Texas I am not too familiar with different types of mushrooms…I know about the white ones that come in blue boxes in the grocery store.  I kept hearing of people going out and gathering morel mushrooms in Oregon but I really did not know what they looked like.  This little place was open and had several different species…are there species of mushrooms?  The gentleman that owned the business told me that Martha Stewart’s magazine had done an article on his business in that month’s edition.

DSC00391

DSC00388DSC00390

Even the McDonalds was cute.DSC00380

The downtown area.DSC00384DSC00385DSC00394DSC00395

Ladies, if we ever decided we had to make a quilting trip to Sisters we could stay in one of these cute cabins.  If I remember correctly, the river runs right in front of these cabins…so cute!DSC00382

This little place was right near Sisters…notice the Saloon Open sign on the bottom picture.

DSC00396DSC00397

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment