Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 13, 2010

We left the Rio Grande valley on April 8 headed north to Georgetown, TX to visit with my sister and brother-in-law.  The Texas state flower, the bluebonnets, were looking spectacular.  Unfortunately I did not get the best of pictures.032

As it was approaching rush hour, we were determined to take the toll road that would lead us around Austin.  Only one problem…we never saw the blamed thing…welcome to Austin!045  044

Once we made it through Austin, we came upon this trailer that appeared to be full of scrap wire and…and…flamingoes!061

We had a wonderful time visiting with family and only gained about 5 pounds from the great food my sister provided for us.

On Saturday we made a flying trip to Caldwell to leave/pick up some items from our storage building.  We also wanted to see our house to see what it looked like since we had put the new roof on and had all the trim painted.065

On the way back to Georgetown, I called my dear friend Barbara Zalmanek and she was kind enough to meet Bob and I for a very quick visit.  Sorry Barbara, I deleted the better picture.  I actually look so much younger than this.068

 

From Georgetown we continued north and pulled into a small RV park in Gainesville, TX.  Gainesville is only about 5 miles from the Texas/Oklahoma border.  Bob’s brother Jim and his wife, Gayle drove over on Sunday from the Dallas area to have lunch and visit with us.  It was so good to see them as it had been over a year since we last saw them.072

Well, we are almost caught up…just another post or two and we will be there…hang in there with me.

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment