Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

So we’ve left Louisiana headed for the Rio Grande valley in south Texas.  Bob needs dental work so off we go.  We stayed at a Passport America park in Mercedes, TX which is only about 10 miles to the Mexican border.  We had actually made an appointment for Bob a month or so ago.  Our good friends, Meg and Terry Moore (no relations) had us out to their house for a wonderful meal.  Other good friends, Darlene and Jesse Curtsinger were also there.  Great friends, wonderful food, good times.  Darlene is practicing her famous “see me close my eyes” routine.004

The next day we made the border crossing into Progreso, Mexico…I think it may be Nuevo Progreso in Mexico…Pregreso is on the US side.  We walked across the bridge, parking on the US side.005

And we have Dr. Alatorre checking out Bob’s mouth.  Good news was the he did not get 2 crowns that we were anticipating but the bad news was that he had to pull one of the teeth…a molar.  He was able to repair the second tooth.  But not to worry, we are going back in December to have some other work done on Bob.006

My sister and brother-in-law, Sue and Tom, joined us in Mercedes for a few days.  We met up with the Moores and the Curtsingers again on South Padre Island for seafood at Dirty Al’s.  We also visited the turtle place where they keep turtles that have been rescued and are nursed back to health or given a permanent spot if they are unable to be released.  You can also volunteer to help keep predators away from the turtle egg nests.  You just have to be able to breathe in south Texas during August when it is 110 degrees and like being covered with sand.  It was very interesting…thanks Meg!028 012       019    023  025 See how well Darlene is getting her “see me closing my eyes” down!  She is planning on taking this show on the road real soon.026  On Sunday Bob and I went by a pulga (flea market) and decided to stop.  It was quite an experience.  I haven’t seen colored baby chicks since I was a little girl.  This was Easter Sunday.029

We Texans take our beer seriously…if anyone has been looking for a beer holster we can tell you where to find one.030

The day before we left the valley, we went back across into Mexico for me to get my teeth cleaned and met the Moores and the Curtsingers for lunch and a bit of shopping.  What do you think…is it really the right one for Bob?031

I can’t top that one so all I can say for now is we’re…

Moving On

No comments:

Post a Comment