Thursday, August 20, 2009

Catching Up…August 17, 2009 #1

It has been so long since my last post I hardly know where to start…I probably can’t even remember all we have done. 

While in Palmer we did a day trip, actually several, into Anchorage to do some shopping.  One evening we splurged and ordered king crab legs at a restaurant.  My plate is one on the left and Bob’s is on the right.  Guess who did most of the cleaning and the least of the eating.  I am no expert at getting the meat out so my hands were bleeding in places by the time I was done.  But I had better luck than Bob did…hmmmm, maybe he was just smarter…I was getting all the meat out for him.  Our waiter even felt sorry for me.009

Mark and Sue’s friend, Victor, flew into Anchorage to join them for a week.  We all visited the Wrangell-St. Elias Nation Park.  That’s Vic on the left.079

Vic is a professional photographer…I caught him while he was in action.069

The next morning we headed for Valdez.  It was very cool, wet and foggy…and then also clear!137 101 103   119133 136 040

We stopped at this cute place for lunch. Notice the fog in the background.062

There is not much to Valdez…of course it is know for the Exxon Valdez oil spill…except for fishing.  This is the winning catch for the Halibut derby that was in progress. 154

Shots around town.190 157 158 162 166 173 176 179 180

I will post further pictures of Valdez on my next entry…too many for this one.

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment