Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We’re Back May 4, 2012

 

I can’t believe I have not blogged since December of last year but it seems that is the case.  So here we go…finished working at Amazon.com on Dec. 23 and headed for the Dallas, TX area where we spent a wonderful Christmas with Bob’s two brothers and sisters-in-law and Gayle’s children and grandchildren…had a wonderful time. Just so you know the Moore boys…John, the youngest is on the left, Jim the middle boy is…drum roll…in the middle and of course my sweetie Bob, the oldest, on the right.

Jan, Julie, Gayle, me, John, Jim and Bob...The Moores.

Then down to the Austin area to visit with my sister and her family.  Got some doctor stuff done and headed to Lake Charles, LA to see our good friends, Susan and Mark Didelot, not sure why I did not get a picture, it was so good to see them…then we were off to Red Bay, AL for our annual service appointment with Tiffin Motorhomes and Red Bay Diesel.

Friends, Art and Geri (on either side of me) were starting their new job as campground hosts at the Tiffin service center CG…we worked at Amazon together.  Then we discovered that our friends, Joe and Jan Lawrence who we had not seen in several years were also in the Tiffin campground.  You just can’t get away from us RVers.  We all enjoyed dinner together one night. 

Geri, me, Art, Joe, Jan and Bob at the xxxxxx.

Finished up with all of that and pointed the Phaeton south to spend a few months at Coastal Haven RV Park in Fairhope, Al. 

When we got there we found our fearless leader, Linda Saunders, whipping up goodies for us…Linda doesn’t quilt but she makes sure we don’t hungry during our sewing sessions…thanks so much Linda.DSC09817This was our fourth winter in southern Alabama.  Had a wonderful time visiting with friends, eating so much shrimp and quilting with the ladies at CH. Another great meal at Coastal Haven.

Elise and Margie showing off one of Elise’s quilt tops. 

DSC09812

Bonni and Linda making some big decision…like where to go for lunch!

DSC09815

The Wiz and me showing off one of the quilt tops I finished.

The Wiz and I have completed a quilt top...ready to go to the quilter lady.

Joan, Dodi and Sandy with one of their quilted hot pads.

DSC09813

Deanne and Eleanor sharing a machine during one of our classes.

DSC09814

The Wiz is helping me work on my “mystery quilt”. 

The Wiz and I working on a quilt for my sister at Coastal Haven.

Mary Lawrence giving Rosanne some further instruction during one of our classes.

DSC09823

Sally…where are you…I don’t seem to have a picture of you with one of your beautiful creations…my bad!

More to come so stay tuned…Moving On.

No comments:

Post a Comment