Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kentucky, April 2011 Part I

 

I know I am going backward in time…such is my life.

After leaving Red Bay, AL we headed north to visit our friends Sandra and James at their home in Fulton, KY.  We met them at a Mardi Gras parade in Foley, AL 3 years ago…they spend the month of February on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL…actually the stay in a condo on the beach.

They live outside of town so we had room to park the rv next their house.  066

Their place is just lovely…I forgot to take a picture of their pond that is stocked with catfish and crappie.  067068069

Sandra had a great dinner prepared for us the night we got there and James even prepared homemade ice cream one day…what wonderful people and hosts they are. 

On Saturday we travelled north to Paducah, KY for their annual quilt show.  I have to say I was truly overwhelmed by the beautiful quilts I saw…we spent most of the day there and still did not begin to see all of it.  There were quilts from all over the world but a number of them that won ribbons were from Japan…this is truly an art form.014019020024026028029033

This was one of my favorites…

031

I had told Sandra that we have friends, Mary and Wayne Wolz from Caldwell, TX who have a business called Mary’s Patterns.  I knew they were involved with several really big quilt shows but wasn’t sure if they were still doing Paducah.  Well, golly…we turned a corner and guess who we found!

037

034

Mary is so creative and talented with all of her designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment