Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bit by Bit June 25, 2010

While still in Cody, we were in touch with an old friend that some of you will remember from our first year at Adventureland, Betty Bowers.  It seems that she and her husband Dave were working on the other side of Yellowstone Park in West Yellowstone.  We made plans to meet them in the park for lunch.  It was so good to see Betty again and meet Dave.022

When we met Betty, she was a single lady that was workamping and traveling on her own.  We have had so many laughs about the famous car she bought while we were in Iowa.  She was traveling in a class C camper with no other transportation.  She decided that she really needed a car so she found one for about $350.00.  It was something to see but she only needed it for her stay of several months and thought she would sell it when she got ready to leave Iowa.  I think this was the car that kept taking…I know Don and Alex spent a good bit of time keeping it running for her.  More later about Betty and Dave.

I never tire of Yellowstone in it’s winter attire.  Even though it was the end of May when we got together with them in the park winter still had a hold in the eastern portion.079 032 057  077 078

This is my favorite…Yellowstone Lake starting to thaw.071

On our way back we came across a female moose and her calf…the calf was in the bushes so I did not get a good shot of it.049

I must warn you that the next shots can be disturbing.  We saw this bison being moved down the highway.  I am not sure it it was dead or just tranquilized but this was outside the park boundary.  I certainly have never seen anything like it before.041 042 043  Sorry about that but I warned you didn’t I?

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment